Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Too Many Choices...

Today an offer by SMS took me by surprise... A good friend of mine, also earnest to change his life to be something good and productive. He seems to be achieveing it quite well... Anyway, the offer was to submit my resume to his company - prestigious commerial broker and give me a shining reference for an excellent position.
I was rather taken aback, random acts of kindness of that magnitude are only ever spoken about by a thrid person's story or something you read about... I will give him my resume and I will do my best in an interview, if I get one. But I have sereve misgivings about my abilities to achieve what they require. I had a period a few years ago when I climbed too high far too fast and I crashed and burned spetacularly, it has taken me a fair few years to get back to where I am supposed to be.
Of course the revision of the plan is going again... So currently I have...
1. Buy a place and do the research etc to get a good deal.
2. Keep up with my job, the new software training went badly and I need revision to do it.
3. My holiday in May... which I badly need to recharge my batteries.
4. Do (and pay for) the ESL teaching course and looking into having my finances run themselves while I am away...
5. Renovate and rent out my current home within 3 months.
6. Deal with the work cover claim I may put in at work for the hearing loss from an incident last week...
7. Make a really good plan to entertain my friend Doug when he gets here... I want to do all I can, he and I have not seen each other for more than a decade and I want to make sure it is a good time for him (and me)
8. Stop myself from throttling my parents when they castigate EVERYTHING I do or voice a thought about - Faaaaaaark! - What is with that??!
9. Insomnia that is destroying me thru the 4 hours a night sleep I am getting...
10. Well I am sure there is a 10 but I cannot recall what it is...
Siiigh Obi needs a siiign!

3 Comments:

Blogger GG said...

Hi, came to your site through the Fatman's. Sounds like things are panning out ok for you now.
I think everyone I know is suffering insomnia at the moment - doesn't seem to matter which hemisphere you're in...
Hang in there.

March 01, 2006  
Blogger Obi Won Kenardly said...

Thank Gaijin Girl! I do know thw reason for the insomnia but there isn't much I can do about it at this point..
How are the bright lights of tokyo?

March 01, 2006  
Blogger GG said...

Hi Obi,

The bright lights of Tokyo are fading somewhat. Found out today that 70% of the staff here have been laid off...gulp! Other than that, it's a pretty magical place to be.

Re your most recent post...it's hard when you have so many choices. I'd be opting for job security but that's only coz I have none, but essentially, go with your gut and what feels right. Sometimes things can fall into your lap, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's the right thing for you at that time. I don't think there can be a right or wrong decision as long as you are doing what you think will make you happy.

Sorry, that's prob no help at all.

March 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • The Latest!
  • The Obi Has Landed!