Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Impatience is not a flower

Damn I am impatient! Life has opened a door but currently it is only just starting to swing open... and I am thinking about the next door. I dunno some times I just think I should slow down and enjoy the scenery.
Sweeeedish Classes tonight were great but easy. I need more of a challenge. I may ask Mindy - yup that is my teacher's name (she isn't Swedish, good guess) - If she can assign me something really tough.
I am thinking a lot lately that I really need to clean out the cupboards and start fresh. I was listening to my friend Doug the other day when he said that we are all responsible for our own feelings and our own situations. Sure I knew this, but sometime it has to be said out loud to be remembered and put back into focus.
Work is a real ass pain at the moment, since the office move and the nice new view and equipment etc, I have lost interest in a big way that I may not be able to recover from. Cross my fingers and keep the image of my nagging mother foremost in my mind and I reckon that will just about do it to keep me determined to stick it out... But I will need a new distraction, carrot to dangle in front of my nose to compensate.
I have 16 weeks until I am free for 3 weeks holiday. Which I have decided to take in Vancouver and in California, but to be honest I am at a point where I could through my hands up in the air and go to anywhere, a cardboard box or even Sweden for 3 weeks and make some head way with the language (and babes) tho in my experiences Swedish women are cold distant and impossible to attract, so all being even in this world, I may come back kicking with the other foot! ... Geez I hope not, I would have to change my whole wardrobe then...
Siiigh - I need a sign from the heavens to tell me what to do next coz I surely don't know and mostly don't care at the moment. I should care but I figure the word 'Should' has caused more heart ache and wrong decisions in all history than anything else so I avoid it now...
I think I may just sit back and see what life brings me next – I will give it a month and see…
Obi a Sign!

5 Comments:

Blogger raindog71 said...

I agree..coasting is good sometimes. Take a deep breath, absorb and relax.

I know the feeling of wanting something to happen 10 minutes ago, and getting frustrated. But then, you know that.

Just go with the flow of life for a while..Doug will be there soon, and that will be a nice distraction for you. Not to mention FUN. Remember FUN?

Have some, you deserve it.

February 22, 2006  
Blogger mariah said...

soooooo, what's (or who)is in the room with the open door?

February 23, 2006  
Blogger Mr. Big said...

I think you may be suffering from something most of friends I are (or have been).

We are all in our mid 30's and have been working in the computer world for 10-15 years, and we all have been hitting a wall over the last little while, kind of an early mid-life crisis.

Work is a daily grind, same type of things all of the time, and you wonder is this all there is to it? I don't know if this is what you are going through, but it kind of sounds like it.

I wish I had good advice about what to do. I would love to change jobs, and do something physical,like make wood furnature, or make cabinets, but there is no way to earn even close to the money I do now if I switch jobs out of computers. So what do you do? Make the best of it I guess...if you figure something else out let me know!!

Nice blog BTW, you really let people in...

February 25, 2006  
Blogger mariah said...

okay, this has nothing to do with your post, but how do you get that little visitors chart on your blog? I wannit!

February 25, 2006  
Blogger Obi Won Kenardly said...

Thanks Mr Big! Welcome aboard. I will let you know when I know.

February 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • The Latest!
  • The Obi Has Landed!