Monday, February 06, 2006

Birthday Boy

Happy birthday to me... shhhh. I got thru an entire day at work and now one even knew! THANK GOD.
The normal introspective tour on my age and expected achievements by this age slipped my mind this year. No wife or ex wife, no kids or any such contrivance. No job busting my balls, just one that frustrates me but is rather underwhelming on purpose. (More later on that) Not much of anything actually that previously I have expected of myself of this age. What I believe would mean "fit in".
I am standing tall and saying ‘still single’ at 36 is not a curse, still know I have lots to learn and lots of things that keep my attention and many, more irrelevant and unhealthy things that don't anymore.
Tomorrow I start Swedish partly coz I need to finish something I started, partly because the mysteries of Sweden still catch my imagination, and no, that ain’t vacker Svenska flickorna, altho I do catch myself staring some times mostly with beer eyes... and partly because I was jibbed by circumstance out of the opportunity to stand side by sideski with a friend and study the mother Russian tongue.
News just in – My buddy Doug will be in the great southern land in about 5 weeks. To start the adventure and tour around the world beginning here! The adventure will include a sky dive trip to Nagambie – A Fatman invited of course… Maybe paragliding in Bright and I dunno a few daze at Torquay and the southern coast. Maybe a ferry from black rock to the other side of the bay… Boy! I am full of ideas.
My back has been inspected the CAT scan is at the doctors. I am reluctant to ask him what the verdict is. Maybe he will see that I am spineless and my attempts to join civil society are all for naught – my evil plan dashed – hope so, I am so good at being a rough headed slobby kinda guy… sigh – natural talents at their finest!

Obi Devolving.... and lovin it!

1 Comments:

Blogger raindog71 said...

Happy Birthday, sweetie..Hope you liked my answering machine message.. :)

February 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • The Latest!
  • The Obi Has Landed!