Sunday, January 22, 2006

Old Friends

It has been a while since I spoke to her. I blame myself. She has been a good friend through 2 decades and I am grateful fate broought us together.

Lately though, I have had several messages from her on my answering machine and I have not replied. Very rude and unfair of me and I do not want to rely on the excuses of a life out of control or the time difference.

She makes the effort and I lately have not reciprocated. I know, I sound like a selfish cretin, and guess what? You would not be far from correct.

The catch 22 for Obi is to talk about the day to day stuff is important, but he must talk regularly for that to happen. That is the cement the builds an enduring friendship - contact and interest.

Well I definitely have one of the two!! I am interested in her life an thoughts and feelings on every topic. I always am. But the regular contact is where I have let her down.

My blog is called dishevelled assembly, but it really reflects how organised I am in my own life right now.

So I send a heart felt sincere apology and ask that next time she contact me, whether by email or phone she leave me her number and how many hours so I can call her back.
Obi says - IKI Mano Zuikitis, As Myliu Tave!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • The Latest!
  • The Obi Has Landed!