Monday, August 07, 2006

Chasing Rainbows

From birth we all look to our parents for encouragement and direction. Over the years the need for that fades, replaced by the inner voice of experience and our peers, but it still hurts nonetheless when you mother over the phone from across the country says to you that your plan to go and teach English in Moscow is just chasing rainbows.
Well I have noticed that life just is not just the smiles and charms some people see it as and I know that my life here is slowly boring me to death and that I am not tied to this earth so why not? Why not just take off an see if I can take this expression of me and test it in the fire of change and see what and if I come out the other side better different or changed. What the hell is life for? Certainly not so people at the bureau of statistics have something to do on Wednesday next week. or to fill out some forms so my taxes pay for some paint for a bus stop in Adelaide.
I am not a sheepin this world willing to walk one way because the sheep in front of me is, I am not asleep to the world out there that pulses with opportunity and invention for the soul, so damn it I am going! ... and as for my mother, she can shove her ideas of rainbows up her ass.
Obi pretty angry!

1 Comments:

Blogger raindog71 said...

Very well said my sweet..you know I believe in you.

You've only got one life..so live it how you want!

August 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • The Latest!
  • The Obi Has Landed!