Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The The Memories

Funny how something you see or some snippet of something said can flood your mind with images and thoughts of the past. The The - The great Matt Johnson has done that very thing. Picture this dear reader... In 1989 I was in Naturopathic College and quite the left side of hippy. the days started in class with hugs for all and a warm cup of herbal tea. 1989 I was an exchange student to Russia. I found a young love I never recovered from in minus 40c and the diesel fumes from my hotel window in Moscow and St Petersberg...
Infected was an album I bought for the first single, I loved the cover, a crazy abboration of a cubistic type artwork I had seen in my uncles room while a very small boy. I was drawn to it like an insect. I fell in love with each word in the songs and created a landscape in my mind from the feelings and images it conjured for me. Infected is comfortably placed in my all time top 5.
The house painting is going well and I am keen to get things moving faster, spoke to a few real estate agents and I am keep to get the house empty.
Lots to do and less time to do it...
Obi get a wiggle on!

2 Comments:

Blogger mariah said...

lol

May 11, 2006  
Blogger raindog71 said...

aww..well, I'm glad I brought you a flood of happy memories!

May 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • The Latest!
  • The Obi Has Landed!