Monday, December 19, 2005

Sprained Thumbs & Brain Drains

Obi Log
Drink Date: - Friday
Location: - Mountain View Hotel.
A good friend invited me out for a seasonal beverage at the pub closest to his work. A nice gesture considering I don't see him much these days. After cancelling with the Shrew in the last posting I decided it was still a night to get out and meet people.

I found Fluffy (protecting the name of the innocent here) sitting at a table surrounded by an assortment of suit wearing revellers, most suffering from drinkers deafness and motor skill deprivation that coincides with ingesting alcohol. Fluffy introduced me all around and the revelry continued. Among the group I met Dale (his real name, to protect the figments of my imagination) a guy I used to work with when i was in domestic insurance and I chatted to him. Discovered the gorgeous blonde at the other end of the table was in fact his Swedish girlfriend Maree. Now I spent a few fruitless years learning Swedish, for many and varied reasons. I saw the chance to start Swedish again - Dale said he needed to learn more and I said that I will do it with him to be a support person and help him get closer - linguistically to his fair maiden. Everybody need a study mate.

I stopped after 2 beers but saw the collective IQ drop drastically over the next 2 hours, I was sorry I could not join them. I ended up driving a few on to another bar - packed like sardines.

I had received a few text messages from an old ex girlfriend of mine and she was flirty and daring me to meet up with her. Now when I say a few I mean constant flirtatious exchanges over 2 hours and 3 locations. This girl was either:
A) Teasing me with a professional fervour.
B) Passed the phone to one of her friends again to make a fool of me
C) Keen to catch up but too lazy to meet me at a bar in-between us.

Midnight hit like a freight train and reminded me I had no dinner and no sleep for 20 hours. I left the claustrophobic bar with its inebriated masses and went home missing the booze buses that never stop you when you haven’t drank a thing. Siiiiigh. I am so old and jaded. I think Ebenezer ain’t got shit on me.

Obi waiting for the bus to the next reality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • The Latest!
  • The Obi Has Landed!