Thursday, December 01, 2005

Perpendicular Happiness

Perpendicular happiness: - a happiness that does not conform to the standard line or expectations often from a source so abstract you are gob smacked…

Recently I scanned the net and my subconscious drew me to classmates.com.

You see I spent some time growing up in Silicon Valley in California and there are times when I catch myself thinking back on the days of youth and discovery. Quite easily the best time of my life.

I scanned the sites as I thought of old friends and good times. I looked for the year I graduated and scanned the names of those who had registered. Some names I recalled and some I didn’t. But after 10 minutes I found myself registering and filling in details about me and starting to hope that I could get in contact with some people. You see I miss the 2 reunions, thru lack of communication with a friend. (The buggah!) And I took that to be my only real chance to catch up with people and do the ever valuable ‘then and now’ comparison we see in the American movies, not unlike Grosse Pointe Blank (1997) except less bullets usually.

Well I filled in the forms and closed the window and went off to bed tired but happier for making the effort. One week later I opened up the site and scanned around hoping I would have a message or a new name would pop up. It actually did work!

The lovely Mariah emailed me and said she remembered me and wanted to say hello. Wow I was really chuffed and did a little chair dancing! I quickly dropped in to speed fingers mode and started to type out the excited happiness in a reply email. Mariah was a freshman when I was a senior and I must say I remember her only in passing. She was a sweet and quiet wallflower but my head was full of the many wonders of ‘Senior Year’ to notice her any more than a nice girl that would talk to me from time to time.

We have exchanged many emails in the short week we have been in contact and I am so happy to see her name in my email box when it does appear. I am off to Canada and California in May 2006 and looking forward to catching up with her and seeing where life has taken her. I miss my friends from that time and it is nice to see that I am remembered and after all these many years people still want to be friends.

Obi is happy! I think the liver cleanse has worked!

Obi-my-valentine!

1 Comments:

Blogger mariah said...

I'll be your valentine!

MMMMWWWAAAHHH!

Mariah!

January 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • The Latest!
  • The Obi Has Landed!