Thursday, December 01, 2005

I Did It My Way (Gone To Hell Remix)

Well, confusion grips us all the time at different levels of conscious thought. Personally I think to keep mine well within view. What was it that Tsun Tsu said all those centuries ago? "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer". I'm all for that and think it applies well to my point of contention for today.
Now that’s said, I would like to air the dishevelled assembly of thoughts I have here and see if anything rings true with you.

Relationships are great, they keep you on your toes and happy usually, and distracted from the every decreasing days til your demise. Thank God for that! (I would hate to have to get up everyday and tick off the calendar until D-Day).
It is difficult enough to find the tranquil centre within ourselves and be happy and content with the place we have in the world and maintain it. It pisses me off that other people that we hold within the sphere Sun Tsu suggested, who cannot balance themselves without external excessive props. Like Alcohol and toys confirming themselves as valid by lording over others in bulling or power plays. I am a ‘live and let live’ kinda fella and do my best to be equal and open to all.

Maybe I am just getting old. I am actually 7 years older than most of my friends and a good 10 older than my “current interest”. Hey what can I say, you are only as old as the woman you feel. But there are things that I see that they do not. Namely their slow decline into alcoholism and emotional retardation.

I am not one to preach to them, but I do voice my concerns in a non-confrontational way. I would say I would be right up there with them about 2 years ago and even setting some records myself. But now that my life has changed direction and speed (several times over that 24 months) I start to see some of the pieces to my puzzle. Just hearing of the escapades of these exhausts me and makes me sad. I wish I could just shake them and say, “Hey don’t waste your time drinking and dulling your brain cells. There is a life and wonderful stuff out there waiting for you.”

I have been told that the worst smoker is a reformed one, not that I have ever smoked, but I am sure you get my drift.

Obi no Okie…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • The Latest!
  • The Obi Has Landed!